Steve Levy '87 Broadcasting Summer Internship Fund
This endowed internship fund was established by ESPN broadcaster Steve Levy ’87 to support Broadcasting students interested in taking internships to gain professional experience. The fund will be used to offset the cost of tuition credits and living expenses for Broadcasting students who demonstrate initiative and interest in the field and who would not otherwise be able to afford to take on an internship.
The award will go to one Broadcasting major participating and successfully completing a summer internship registered for credit through the SUNY Oswego EXCEL Office. To qualify for this award, a student must:
a. Be a full-time matriculated student in Broadcasting, who demonstrates initiative and interest in the field.
b. Entering junior or senior year.
c. Have documented financial need.
d. Have a minimum 2.50 GPA.
e. Submit a statement of intent and information about the internship.
f. Register for a minimum of 3 credits for a summer internship.
g. Submit at least two faculty references, at least one of which must be a faculty member in Communication Studies.
h. Agree to provide a brief (1 page) email report on your internship experience, to EXCEL within 30 days of the internship completion. The report should include the benefits and challenges of the internship along with positive and negative feedback that could prove useful for future internship awards.
Prior to receiving funding all Phases outlined on oswego.edu/internships must be completed including:
1. Having an EXCEL Approved Internship Verification Form for summer.
2. The Learning Agreement must be completely approved through Handshake.
3. Must be registered for the course by the first day of classes
4. Successfully complete your internship.
5. Provide a brief (1 page) email report on your internship experience to EXCEL within 30 days of the internship completion. The report should include the benefits and challenges of the internship along with positive and negative feedback that could prove useful for future internship awards.
6. Picture and Testimonial
7. Thank you letter to donor
Please note: there are two parts to the application required for the Steve Levy ’87 Broadcasting Summer Internship Fund. After signing in, you will need to complete the General Application. Once you complete and submit the General Application, you will see a list of recommended opportunities for which you are eligible. Click “Apply” next to the Steve Levy ’87 Broadcasting Summer Internship to complete the second part of the application. If this specific internship opportunity is not recommended to you, then the system has deemed you not eligible for that opportunity, please review the guidelines.